Information regarding hospital referrals / follow ups
If you have not heard about your hospital referral or follow up appointment please can you contact the hospital yourselves as they will be able to advise you better about wait times and may even be able to offer you an appointment.
The main hospital numbers are:
Derby Switchboard – 01332 340131
QMC Switchboard – 0115 924 9924
Nottingham City Switchboard – 0115 969 1169
For most referrals we will send you paperwork with a phone number on which you can ring to discuss your referral further.
For other referrals you may find these numbers useful:
- Memory Clinic – St Andrews House – 01332 123 4018
- Derby City Community Mental Health Team – 0300 123 4011 (usually for referrals relating to dementia)
- Erewash Community Mental Health Team – 0300 123 3375 (for most other adult referrals)
- CAMHS – 0300 790 0264
- Clinical Measurement – RDH – for 24 hour BP recording, 24 hour ECHs, exercise tests etc 01332 785551
- MRI appointment RDH – 01332 783541, CT Scan RDH – 013321 789603, Bone Densitometry RDH – 01332 788102. X-ray tests RDH – 01332 786082, Ultrasound Scan RDH – 01332 783222
- Ultrasound/X-ray Long Eaton – 0115 8554142
- Children’s Outpatient appointments – 01332 785654
- MSK (musculoskeletal) team – 01332 274610 (all orthopaedic referrals have to come through here so they are best to know what is happening with the patients referral)
If you are due to have a follow up at the hospital please phone the switchboard and asked to be put through to the consultant’s secretary. A direct dial number should be on any letters you have had about previous appointments and if you call us then we may be able to help find this for you.
Mammograms – you can be called at any point between 47 and 53. Breast unit – 01332 785487
If you were in hospital and informed that further tests would be organised then please call switchboard and ask to be put through to the outpatient department of the speciality you were under (e.g. cardiology, general surgery)
Private appointments – we do not know which consultants are currently seeing patients privately so we would ask that you make your own appointment and then inform reception of where you would like to be seen ideally with an email address.